What do you want to be when you grow up?
What CHALLENGES do you want to work on?
Let's stop asking ourselves who we want to be in the future and start thinking about the kinds of problems we want to solve, and then how we develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work on those problems.
Get started at the
February 4, 2020 | 10am - 3pm
Mustang Lounge | UCC Main Level
Follow the steps below to identify the challenges that interest you most and find out which employers are working on them!
You now have a list of employers who are working, in some way, on the challenges that interest you most. The recruiters at the fair can help you explore these challenges in more detail and help you better understand how to best prepare for work in these fields. Consider asking the following:
- I've read that your company is working on [INSERT CHALLENGE]. Can you tell me more about what this looks like?
- How do the roles you're hiring for contribute to solving the challenges you're working on?
- How have your company's challenges changed over time? Do you think they will continue to evolve in the future?
- What are a few important things you've learned from working in this field/on these challenges?
- What are some skills/important things you wish you'd known when you were starting out?
- What skills, competencies, or experiences are beneficial for a candidate to have?
- What would you recommend I be doing now to prepare for a career in this field?
Once you've come up with a list of questions to ask, you'll want to then practice your elevator pitch.