Every year, employers and educational recruiters visit campus because they are interested in meeting you!
Meet them at our Employer or Graduate/Professional School Information Sessions, occurring from September to April, Monday–Thursday. These sessions typically take place mid-day, or in the early evening.
Learn about the organizations/programs, roles they are recruiting for, and registration details by visiting the Events Tab in Connect
Information Session Etiquette
- Act professionally. Every person you encounter during a session (including your peers) could positively or negatively affect you in the recruitment process.
- Always arrive on time.
- If you register, please come! We inform recruiters of the number of registrants the day before their session. Failure to attend without notification will not only reflect negatively on you, but also the reputation of your academic program, faculty, and Western as a whole.
- If you are unable to attend a session you have signed up for, please de-register yourself in Connect.
Careers & Experience values and respects the rich culture and experiences of Western students, and understands that traditional dress codes can limit their ability to express their whole selves. We wish to empower students to embody their professional identity in a way that is true to them, and encourage students to present themselves in a way that is not limiting to their identities. A general rule is your attire should always appear polished and workplace appropriate (without having to hide your personal identities).
Please do not feel you need to:
• Change your natural texture
• Remove or re-style any religious symbols or headwear (or adapt religious dress)
• Adapt to gender binaries
• Remove piercings
*We do ask that you avoid the use of scented and fragranced products (e.g. perfumes, colognes, lotions, mists). Western is a fragrance-free environment, as are many workplaces.